Make a Difference


In this blog I hope to be able to provide the latest County news and happenings.
Along the right hand side of the blog are links to My Views on specific county issues.
Also included are links to my email, other county, state and federal representatives, and some interesting pictures and postcards from the past.

We need to hold all of our County representatives accountable in these difficult economic times.
Please support and comment on this blog and together we can make Cortland County a better place to live.
COMMUNICATION IS KEY!

Monday, April 28, 2008

DMV Building

I am pleased to announce that I am exploring grant opportunities for the new DMV building, which is in the schematic design phase. I hope to be able to secure funding for photovoltaic (PV) energy that will be incorporated into the design of the building.

NYSERDA (New York State Energy Research and Development Authority) sponsors an incentive program which will assist our County to promote and utilize alternative energy.

In addition, I will be working with the design team, JCM Associates and Barton & Loguidice to use innovative technologies in the building, such as low-flow sinks and toilet fixtures, daylighting and energy efficient mechanical equipment.

All of these ideas will ensure responsible design and energy savings.

No comments: