Make a Difference


In this blog I hope to be able to provide the latest County news and happenings.
Along the right hand side of the blog are links to My Views on specific county issues.
Also included are links to my email, other county, state and federal representatives, and some interesting pictures and postcards from the past.

We need to hold all of our County representatives accountable in these difficult economic times.
Please support and comment on this blog and together we can make Cortland County a better place to live.
COMMUNICATION IS KEY!

Monday, April 28, 2008

Gasoline Tax

I am pleased to announce that I have asked the Budget and Finance Committee to place the topic of the County Gasoline Sales Tax on the May meeting agenda.

I am hopeful that the County will consider a temporary freeze or cap on the sales tax placed on gasoline and diesel fuel in Cortland County. I support this measure as a means of relieving the burden on Cortland County residents.

I also believe that this cap will help stimulate local economy as visitors who travel through or to Cortland to fill up will also take time to shop for goods and services in the County.

I am requesting that the previous year and projected sales tax figures for County gas revenue be provided to Legislators for review. I am hopeful that the temporary cap can be put in place from Memorial Day through Labor Day.

I encourage your thoughts on this issue.

No comments: