Make a Difference


In this blog I hope to be able to provide the latest County news and happenings.
Along the right hand side of the blog are links to My Views on specific county issues.
Also included are links to my email, other county, state and federal representatives, and some interesting pictures and postcards from the past.

We need to hold all of our County representatives accountable in these difficult economic times.
Please support and comment on this blog and together we can make Cortland County a better place to live.
COMMUNICATION IS KEY!

Friday, April 06, 2007

Welcome to my blog!

I hope that this will serve as a place where information can be shared, thoughts can be aired and people can debate at the "crossroads" of Cortland County.

I also given my blog this name because I feel we are at a crossroads.. a time in Cortland where we have an opportunity to think about all of our needs and prorities and move forward with a unified plan for the County's facilities.

The first several posts I hope will serve as the reason I created this blog. They are emails written to our County legislators and administration beginning in December 2006 asking questions about our plan for County facilities. Over time and with some effort, I have found that we really don't have a plan - at least not one that the Legislature has published. I have pulled together some data and will share over this blog what has not appeared to be disseminated to Cortland County residents.

In this time of overtaxation and poor planning, I would like to share my thoughts on the state of the County. Maybe we can all learn from our past failures, others' successes, and move forward together with a comprehensive plan for tomorrow.

Once I catch up from the past couple of months I will keep adding material that will be of use to those who visit, and allow for feedback and responses. This is a respectful blog, I will not waste time with politics and rudeness - those posts will be deleted. Thanks!

1 comment:

Kathie said...

Great idea, Chad. Thank you for all your efforts. I look forward to reading more and contributing in the future.